Racing

Racing
breaking away....

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time to Total Immersion Certify?

One of my choices is to follow Total Immersion coaching as part of my overall Triathlon Coaching Package.  This is a perfect platform for age groupers challenged by the swim, it is a quick way to improve speed in the water and it has a huge benefit in easy to teach techniques that work.  Swimming explained to non-swimmers in simple english, in small pieces and suddenly the penny drops and they are on their way across the pool with ease.  I am excited by the changes I see in everyone that it is by far the most motivating class to teach.  I as yet am not a TI coach, I just study his teaching and instruct from the pool edge.  Not  a Total Immersion plan really, but we do not have a shallow lane to do hands on, I would love this to be done this year.

Plans may happen for March, looks like my MRI will have to be rescheduled, hopefully this won't affect my racing in 2012, I would love to do Ironman Canada our group has so many going that it would be a huge event to all be there.  I don't want to miss it.  Shoulder surgery takes some recovery time, so I need to make sure it is all timed perfectly.

Triathlon Clinic was advertised and now it is a wait and see if people sign up.  The hope is that it runs, but I am now diverted into preparing myself for the TI application process as well.  I see sleep as an option over the next couple weeks.  At least I am excited about it, so it is time to move on to planning for the future again.

No comments:

Post a Comment